Sydney and Jaime got engaged in a very special way. We captured some great images in Central Park NY as you will see in the slideshow. We shot in tunnels, on steps, in a beautiful archway and even took a boat ride. They are a great couple and I can't wait for the beautiful wedding day to happen at the Dellwood Country Club in New City NY.
Images captured on the day of the wedding by Christopher's Studio located in Pearl River N.Y.
TheKnot.com website has recently posted tips on what to look for when shopping for a photographer, I will respond to those suggestions in future blogs. One was about engagement portraits. A recent blog that I posted on GetMarried.com was just about that.
The Value of Engagement Portraits
At Christopher's Studio we offer engagement portraits for many reasons. As a photographer it is a great way to learn about the couple.
- Not all poses work for every couple, body language, height, hair styles, and even eye glasses make a difference in the poses we choose for each couple. This all comes with the experience we have gained through years of photographing couples.
- The creative poses we offer will also dictate your style and allow us to work better with you on the wedding day. We will know exactly the best poses and the style of photography that fits your style on your big day. A piggy back ride may work for some couples but not all...
- The bridal make-up can be applied, tested and photographed during the engagement session. This allows for a preview of the make-up application and your stylist can make adjustments for the wedding day beauty visit.
- Save the date cards are a very popular item! These are done with some creative ideas that we have up our sleeve. We can make magnets or photo cards for you to send to your guests.
- A photo guest book is also a great idea for your wedding guests to sign and send you well wishes on your wedding day.
I just gave you some really great ideas for your engagement shoot and I hope you call to schedule yours today. If you already booked your wedding photography package with Christopher's Studio they are included in the package so we can better serve our clients. If you would just like some great images of you as a couple you are welcome to call and schedule an appointment.
Take a look at some past engagement shoots in this great slideshow presentation provided by Christopher's Studio
Alanna and Michael got married at St. Anthony's Church in Nanuet, N.Y. The ceremony was beautiful and touching. We then went to Bear Mountain State Park and took pictures near the lake and carousel. We had plenty of time for the photography session and the pictures came out great. Afterwards we went to The Clubhouse at Patriot Hills in Stony Point, N.Y. and continued with some great photography throughout the evening. Patriot Hills provide the usual great food and service and as you can see everyone had a great night. Patriot Hills is a great venue if you are planning a wedding in the Hudson Valley.
The Day after Shoot... We all had a great time and we took pictures at the Nyack Memorial park. It was a blustery day with a bit of a chill in the air. The excitement began to grow as we took pictures on swings, in front of stores named after the bride and even some seagulls got included in the shoot. We were happy to report nobody got hurt.
It may have needed a little work, but the ring is beautiful!