Madison Square Park in New York City is a special location to these guys. We chose to do this engagement shoot with the Flatiron Building in the background because it is where they met. I was creating some interesting images using reflections and as they were laughing and joking around I captured this moment just before they kissed. I love the feeling this shot gives and the emotion is real. LOVE IT!Read More
Because your pet has such an important place in your heart, why not include them in your engagement session? Not only will this creative idea allow you to show off your beloved pet, but it will also make your engagement photos unique! Here are 5 great ideas to include your pets in engagement photos:
Location is a very important factor in making your photos work. Make sure your dream location allows pets on their grounds. You should also make sure that your pet will be comfortable in that environment. If you furry-friend is easily-distractable, it may be a good idea to choose a quiet environment.
Accessories will make your photos even more fun! Some ideas are bow ties, sweaters or holding a sign (save the date, names, etc.). If you accessorize, make sure it complements what you are wearing.
3. Pet Friendly Photographer
It is very important for you to hire a pet friendly photographer. Ask the photographer if they like pets. If they do not, the photographer may not be a good match. A good way to see if a photographer likes pets is by viewing their photos and seeing if pets are present in them.
4. Behind the Scenes care
Of course you will want some photos of just you and your soon to be spouse! It will be a good idea to have a friend or family member on sight to take care of and hold your pet. This person will also be able to get your pets attention, making your photos ideal.
5. Patience & Positivity
You will need to be patient with your pet. They have (probably) never had a professional photo shoot before. They will not be as prepared as you. Make sure you stay positive through the experience. Bring treats to reward your dog!
To learn more about our engagement sessions and wedding photography give us a call at 914-907-9272 or click contact.
What a surprise it was to visit the Innisfree Gardens this weekend. Such a lovely location for a picnic, engagement and even engagement photography. Love this shot of Lauren and Patrick near the old garden workshop.
The colors and textures really make for a great backdrop to this beautiful couple.
The engagement session is a great idea for many reasons! Here are a few tips.
- Use this shoot as a practice shoot for the wedding day. When I shoot engagement sessions I am watching and learning about my subjects. I look for body language, height differences, flaws, laughter and much more. As I learn, I adapt the shooting style and lighting to make for better pictures. I pose each couple differently and we practice these poses and have a blast during the shoot.
- Find a fun location that fits for you both. I find most couples are comfortable being photographed doing something they enjoy. Be it bike riding, hiking, on a beach or in Central Park. We want to have a great experience with you guys so lets find a unique location that describes you as a couple.
- Dress smart. bring extra shoes. We walk a lot. Not all scenarios are best for those 6 inch heels. Coordinate colors nicely and if you have a theme use those colors too. They will look great in the signature guestbook.
- Ladies, this is a great time for your trial makeup session. Plan ahead and see how the makeup looks in pictures.
- Shoot for prints, these shots will be amazing. You are starting a journey, document it, lets make a great album to pass on to future generations.
Most importantly, have a lot of fun!