Here are some of the images Christopher's Studio created at the wedding produced as a slideshow. The grounds at the Florentine Gardens were picture perfect even in the snow!
The wedding day and creative flow process are two phrases that you may not expect to see in the same sentence. We all know what the wedding day means... the biggest day of your lives to date! Great pictures! Great times! Great celebration! Of course you will expect some great images from your photographer and you may pick out a super location that will give you a nice background. But how do we get those really fabulous shots that win awards like the ones you see on my website slideshow?
That comes from the Creative Flow Process, it is a term I use describing what happens as we shoot a great photo session. It is a process that builds upon itself as we work together as a team. A connection between all parties involved that brings the creativity to a maximum level. It is really something that happens as I see the passion between a couple in my lens. I see it, I feel it and I capture it.
Not all photographers develop this vision as they shoot. Most skilled cameramen can pose a family portrait and say 'cheeeeese' but at Christopher's Studio we like to bring image making to a new level and really create beautiful emotional images.
Take another look at the opening introduction for my website at Christopher's Studio and see if you can feel the love.
TheKnot.com website has recently posted tips on what to look for when shopping for a photographer, I will respond to those suggestions in future blogs. One was about engagement portraits. A recent blog that I posted on GetMarried.com was just about that.
The Value of Engagement Portraits
At Christopher's Studio we offer engagement portraits for many reasons. As a photographer it is a great way to learn about the couple.
- Not all poses work for every couple, body language, height, hair styles, and even eye glasses make a difference in the poses we choose for each couple. This all comes with the experience we have gained through years of photographing couples.
- The creative poses we offer will also dictate your style and allow us to work better with you on the wedding day. We will know exactly the best poses and the style of photography that fits your style on your big day. A piggy back ride may work for some couples but not all...
- The bridal make-up can be applied, tested and photographed during the engagement session. This allows for a preview of the make-up application and your stylist can make adjustments for the wedding day beauty visit.
- Save the date cards are a very popular item! These are done with some creative ideas that we have up our sleeve. We can make magnets or photo cards for you to send to your guests.
- A photo guest book is also a great idea for your wedding guests to sign and send you well wishes on your wedding day.
I just gave you some really great ideas for your engagement shoot and I hope you call to schedule yours today. If you already booked your wedding photography package with Christopher's Studio they are included in the package so we can better serve our clients. If you would just like some great images of you as a couple you are welcome to call and schedule an appointment.
Take a look at some past engagement shoots in this great slideshow presentation provided by Christopher's Studio
Nicole and Jack has a wonderful wedding. The pictures came out beautiful and a good time was had by all.
The photographs were taken both traditionally and artistically to allow for some great emotional images. Jack being from London had plenty of
English flair about him and we captured his style perfectly. The ceremony was held inside at the Nyack Seaport in Rockland County, New York.
The location provides the best view on the hudson and this can be seen at anytime by just looking out the Seaport window.