Engagement photography and video in NY - NJ- CT.Read More
The engagement session is a great idea for many reasons! Here are a few tips.
- Use this shoot as a practice shoot for the wedding day. When I shoot engagement sessions I am watching and learning about my subjects. I look for body language, height differences, flaws, laughter and much more. As I learn, I adapt the shooting style and lighting to make for better pictures. I pose each couple differently and we practice these poses and have a blast during the shoot.
- Find a fun location that fits for you both. I find most couples are comfortable being photographed doing something they enjoy. Be it bike riding, hiking, on a beach or in Central Park. We want to have a great experience with you guys so lets find a unique location that describes you as a couple.
- Dress smart. bring extra shoes. We walk a lot. Not all scenarios are best for those 6 inch heels. Coordinate colors nicely and if you have a theme use those colors too. They will look great in the signature guestbook.
- Ladies, this is a great time for your trial makeup session. Plan ahead and see how the makeup looks in pictures.
- Shoot for prints, these shots will be amazing. You are starting a journey, document it, lets make a great album to pass on to future generations.
Most importantly, have a lot of fun!